With more than 30 years of helping our customers achieve incredible results, we are seeking a highly motivated Sales Representative who has the ability to make sales happen!
If you’re looking for a supportive environment that values teamwork, fresh insights and seeks innovative thinking, come join American Horticultural Supply (AHS)! We are currently searching for motivated, skilled and dedicated individuals to join our Sales team.
AHS has been in been in business for 30+ years supplying West Coast growers with the supplies to keep them growing. In this exciting role, you will be calling on growers and supporting our sales team to help keep our loyal customers satisfied. As a Sales Representative, you will be interacting with some of the most recognizable names in the Greenhouse and Nursery Industries. Our products/services are recognized as “the best among the best” and we have one of the highest repeat business rates in the industry due to our results, quality and follow-up activities. This opportunity calls for a self-starter who is goal driven to meet sales targets and enjoy the rewards of those efforts (no cap on earnings). Our company headquarters is located in Oxnard, CA but with clients throughout the United States, relocation may not be necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- You should have an established business network to call upon, be able to work independently and use a highly skilled support team when needed. You will have a proven track record of making sales and then empower an Account Manager who will continue to grow the account under your watch while allowing you to concentrate on your next sale.
- Experience calling on growers as well as higher level executives is a must for this position as you will be selling to all levels. You will be selling commodities as well as premium products to consumer driven companies. Our client list includes some of the most recognizable names in the Greenhouse and Nursery Industries.
Our products/services are recognized as “the best among the best” and we have one of the highest repeat business rates in the industry due to our results, quality and follow-up activities.
- Prospecting for new clients
- Forecasting opportunities
- Preparing business proposals
- Preparing for, negotiating and closing major deals
- Working with sales support team
- Participates in the development of strategic marketing plans and sales plans.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
Typical day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting phone-based and on-site sales calls.
- Developing and qualifying leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities.
- Gathering business intelligence on companies, leads and each qualified prospect to support the scheduling of sales calls and drive revenue generation
- Participate in sales training to improve sales acumen
- Completing win-loss analysis to diagnose deal potential and skill gaps
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Horticultural/Agricultural experience preferred.
- Excellent relationship-building and transactional sales experience.
- Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal and external customers.
- Ability to meet personal and team weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
Get in Contact!
To place an order, simply contact our friendly sales team or fill out the form and one of our representatives will contact you as soon as possible.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm PST1-800-247-1184