American Horticultural Supply, Inc.
Job Description – 05/02/2018
Job Title: Customer Service Representative- Bilingual
Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: Oxnard, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: M-F 7:30am – 4:30pm; additional hours as needed
If you’re looking for a supportive environment that values teamwork, fresh insights and seeks innovative thinking, come join American Horticultural Supply (AHS)! We are currently searching for motivated, skilled and dedicated individuals who can provide excellent customer service to our customer and sales team.
AHS has been in been in business for 30+ years supplying West Coast growers with the supplies to keep them growing. In this exciting role, you will be calling on growers and supporting our sales team to help keep our loyal customers satisfied. As a Customer Service Representative, you will be interacting with some of the most recognizable names in the Greenhouse and Nursery Industries. Our products/services are recognized as “the best among the best” and we have one of the highest repeat business rates in the industry due to our results, quality and follow-up activities. This opportunity calls for a self-starter who is goal driven and well organized.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner including walk-in, phone, fax and e-mail and follow up through completion. This includes (but may not be limited to) order processing, delivery questions, product availability and pricing.
- Calling/emailing customer or sales reps in regards to status or disposition of backordered or unavailable product.
- Account Maintenance: Setting up new customer accounts and working with Account Managers to ensure all information is correct for account set up. Changing, adding, deleting customer account information.
- Ensure all orders are completed and shipped within the terms promised to the customer and communicate order status to customers.
- Keep informed on the use/technical aspects of products sold by AHS.
- Request material for regular inventory or special order from Purchasing.
- Communicate all issues, complaints, delays in a timely manner thru the appropriate channels
- Follow AHS pricing guidelines.
- Update customers of pricing changes in a timely manner as announced by vendors, Purchasing and Director of Sales.
- Monitor all back orders on a daily basis and follow up accordingly with the appropriate AHS department.
- Keep track of customer credit limit and past due balances and communicate any potential issues thru the appropriate channels.
- Follow-up with leads in a prompt matter, utilizing current company CRM system.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality: Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, is consistently at work and on time.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
- Initiative: Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participate in meetings.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks, develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, recognizes accomplishments of other team members
- Written Communication: writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (required).
- Language: English/Spanish (required)
- Experience: 3+ years in a Customer Service, Inside Sales or equivalent role (required)
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience using order processing systems, merchant credit card payment systems, CRM systems and be proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
Get in Contact!
To place an order, simply contact our friendly sales team or fill out the form and one of our representatives will contact you as soon as possible.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm PST1-800-247-1184